Thursday, March 21, 2013

THE NEW NEW WHATEVER

If this were January first I might say, I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to update this blog on a more regular basis. But it's not, it's March 21st, it's my birthday yet again, and it's been a year since I wrote here. That's okay, because there are only about seven people who even know this blog exists. I started it because Thommy made me-- it was after a nasty spot of surgery several years ago, and he thought it would help me to heal, or something. Maybe it did. As with so much of life, there is no control. Maybe that's why scientists choose to be scientists, because it gives them an opportunity to see how things might work out differently, they get to use a control. For most of us, though, there is no control. We just go on, linearly, and see what happens next.
In this case, what happened next is we went to China, and at a fairly inopportune time, I got sick, and had to spend several days in a semi-Chinese hospital. In one regard, it's pretty much like spending time in an American hospital: lousy. One feels like garbage and one wishes one didn't have any reason to be there. But as lousy experiences go, it was fine. Not how I'd planned to end my 56th year. But, there you go-- who would ever make such a plan?
Meanwhile, looking forward-- bunches of travel await, and tasks and writing and building... It should be a good year. I'll let you know in twelve months or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home