Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Swedish Invasion

Who first thinks of Sweden when dwelling on machinery and appliances? Certainly not me. And yet, when I did a household survey, the list of Swedish Stuff was impressive:
Seven Volvos. Okay, so that’s a bit out of the ordinary, but let’s count two at least, okay?
But the list only starts there.
A dishwasher.
A clothes washer.
A clothes drier.
Maybe that’s not surprising either. But wait, there’s more.
A record player.
A chainsaw.
A fireplace.
That strikes me as a lot of Swedish Stuff.
The rest of the house includes
A kitchen stove (US)
Three computers (US brands but probably made in China or Taiwan)
A refrigerator (US)
Two stereo pieces (Japan)
Two dvd players (Korea and Japan)
A television (US brand, made who knows where)
That’s about it. Sweden dominates. I don’t know what, if anything, this means. I just think it’s a little odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home